This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
- High School Graduate of General Education Degree (GED) required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- One to three years transportation related experience; experience with medical transportation and/or call center operations a plus.
- One to three years supervisory experience
- Transportation, routing, or, dispatching experience and/or knowledge of transit system a plus
- Knowledge of Medicaid guidelines a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Directly supervises Routers and CSRs
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Approximately 90% of work time is conducted in an office environment in a controlled atmosphere building and approximately 10% will involve travel.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
LogistiCare is the nation's leading managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. LogistiCare s client base consists of state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, school boards), managed care organizations and hospitals. LogistiCare is not a provider of transportation vehicles (we do not physically own vehicles). Instead, LogistiCare manages a network of transportation providers and provides the administrative infrastructure to authorize services and provide billing and claims payment functionality allowing LogistiCare to offer a complete outsourcing solution to our clients.
LogistiCare seeks a Transportation Supervisor to work within the Dover, Delaware area.
The Transportation Supervisor manages the day-to-day routing of trips in assigned region and assures timely and effective services for Medicaid recipients from providers by supervising and guiding the work of the Transportation Team. Duties in clued, but are not limited to: overseeing all aspects of the routing process, monitoring customer service as delivered by the team, de-escalating problematic calls a needed, ensuring policies and procedures for call taking and routing are being followed appropriately by staff, being logged in and taking calls on bother WMR and provider lines as needed.
- Oversee trip assignment proves and daily work of the Transportation Team
- Works closely wit transportation providers and heal care facilities to resolve problems
- Assists with managing and providing support to Trans Team in pursuit of excellent customer service
- Maintain open lines of communications with subordinates, provides, members and DE Management
- Ensures daily work of the Trans Dept. is completed in a timely fashion
- Ensures dispatch screen is clear of all trips
- Ensures trips entered in Supervisor Queue have been completely worked with notes enters
- Disseminates detailed hand-off to call Center daily
- Ensure manifests are faxed by 6pm each day
- Communicates dispatch status to Director of Operations daily
- Sweeps manifests prior to faxing
- Checks dispatch screen periodically and addresses Trans. Team progress as necessary
- Monitors standing orders to assure they are being assigned promptly and efficiently
- Ensures the organization s strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team s strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services
- Consistently communicates departmental goals to the Transportation Department
- Makes available policies, procedures, and written instructions from Management; maintains current knowledge to answer questions from team members on procedures, policies, directives, etc.
- Answers WMR line
- Answers Provider Line
- Monitors staff lunches and breaks
- Monitors staff calls and be prepared to de-escalate calls
- Consistently updates the provider contact list and submits to Director of Operations for approval and distribution
- Communicates and/all provider or member issues to the Director of Operations and/or General Manager
- Monitors WMR & Provider queues to endure all CSRs are logged in and handling calls
- Primarily responsible for the orientation and training of new Transportation Team staff
- Is available to assist with disaster recovery by working remotely if necessary
- Communicates any/all issues pertaining to staff, department structure, routing, and work flow to Director of Operations
- Reports to the Director of Operations weekly on tea, an individual work accomplishments, problems, progress in mastering tasks and processes, and individual and team training needs
- Adequately staffing the regional office to answer Where s My Ride calls
- Following established procedure in handling such calls
- Assists with providing support to office staff in pursuit of excellent customer service
Transportation Provider Network:
- Communicates with providers often to:
- Runs appropriate LCAD report(s), at least monthly, to monitor providers cost, on time performance, complaints, and re-routes
- Assists the Director of Operations in managing the distribution of work within the region
- Confers with compliance specialist to update and maintain inventory of and reports quarterly on all vehicles, drivers and provider insurance coverage(s)
- Communicates promptly any changes in network (vehicle and/or driver down, change in fax/phone numbers, addition of vehicles or expansion of territory) to staff
Relations with Healthcare Facilities:
- Communicates with Facilities often to:
- Maintain and strengthen relations and communications
- Ensure that the facility staff knows how to voice concerns to our company
- Local office has prior knowledge of emerging problems
- Facility staff has realistic expectations of NET
Data Collection, Maintenance and Reporting
- Reports weekly to the Director of Operations on basic reservation and call stats including:
- Gross and Net Reservations by County and by LOS
- Total Calls/Abandonment Rate
- Call stats by agent
- Familiarizes self with provider rates
- Recommends assignment of trips to comparable quality but less costly providers
- Uses critical judgment and confers with Director of Operations or General Manager when assigning
cost override to exceptional trips
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer