Transporter - Hospital Hill (Mid Day schedule)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The position is responsible for the movement of all patients and visitors for admissions, transfers, procedures, discharge or other service needs. Performs a variety of activities related to the transportation of patients, specimens and equipment. Greet and assist patients, and visitors as directed. Carries out transport needs as assigned. Utilizes emergency skills as required.
* High school graduate or GED for employees for external candidates hired after May 1, 2006
* Must complete recognized BLS course and maintain certification for continued employment.
* Good verbal communication skills to interact and greet patients, families, doctors, and clinical staff.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
* Ability to walk to perform basic transportation duties.
* Successful completion of skills training as designated by the department including but not limited to oxygen transport, customer service, equipment maintenance, and code blue.
* Prior hospital experience and completion of medical terminology course
* Experience in the care of equipment and patient transport.
This position is 10:30am - 7:00pm.
10:30AM - 7:00PM