Transporter; Part Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Yale New Haven Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of patient support tasks. Provides messenger services for Departments, Nursing units and Pavilion to include blood, specimens, Chemo,medicines, medical equipment, supplies, patient transport, charts and films.
* 1. Provides messenger services for all departments to include patient transfers, blood, specimens, charts, etc. Introduces him/her self-demonstrating helpful, courteous, caring behavior. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality on and off the job.
* 2. Responds to all requests received through paging system as soon as possible to communicate estimated time of arrival. Seeks assistance from co-workers when needed to perform task in a timely manner.
* 3. Responsible for distribution and pick of medical equipment throughout the Hospital. Accountable for all rolling equipment assuring its availability and condition. Notifies Engineering of broken equipment and takes such equipment out of service.
* 4. Assists in maintaining the bed/stretcher equipment room..
* 5. Helps to complete tasks in the materials function that are not within the job description. Makes self-available when responsibilities have been met to assist in areas that may require assistance within the materials function.
High school or Equivalent
Decision making, good communication, understand, speak and write in English. Valid Drives License.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases. Occasionally exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, and deceased.)