Trauma Quality Clinical Coordinator (RN) / FT Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01512-16468
The person is to coordinate patient care activities and clinical operations for the trauma program. They are to collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physician and ancillary services to deliver quality health care.
1. Actively participate in the Regional Advisor Council's (RAC) Committees as assigned.
2. Plan, develop, implement and evaluate trauma quality improvement activities on a monthly basis in coordination with Trauma / Education Coordinator.
3. Assist with review department and trauma policies on an annual basis. Develop new policies as required or needed.
4. Plan, develop, implement and evaluate to maintain current trauma certification in coordination with Trauma / Education Coordinator.
5. Collects data for the quality control program and participates in the organization's overall quality control program.
6. Audit all trauma records collecting data about severity of injury and patient outcomes.
7. Submit data as required by the Border RAC, American College of Surgeons and Texas Department of State Health Services to the all required (State, Regional, National Trauma Data Bank) trauma registry monthly.
8. Monitor performance of hospital staff involved with the care of trauma patients through established indicators.
9. Monitor trauma patient outcomes; evaluate for trends.
10. Coordinate with physicians, nurses, and other in-hospital staff and outside providers to evaluate and address specific patient care issues.
11. Participate in case review.
12. Assist the trauma program director, trauma medical director and hospital administration in the development, implementation and evaluation of a quality plan that is multi disciplinary, evidence based patient-outcomes focused.
13. Provide direction for the trauma coordinator for the identification, investigation, reporting and follow up of incidents and quality issues throughout the program while maintaining confidentiality.
14. Monitors the trauma team's availability and compliance with policies and standards.
15. Monitor the trauma Process Improvement program in collaboration with the trauma program director and trauma medical director.
16. Participate in the morbidity and mortality committee and multidisciplinary review meetings.
17. Data collection related to the trauma patient.
18. Assist with analysis of registry data on the trauma patient population; identify trends for strategic planning and performance improvement.
19. Knowledgeable with 100% compliance with Core Measures effecting the trauma program (evidence based best demonstrated practice).
20. Knowledgeable with 100% compliance with Premium Credit (best demonstrated practice).
21. Participate and attend all unit meetings.
22. Serve as a professional role model.
23. Provides excellent customer services following the philosophy of the hospital and ED with the guiding values in daily activities.
24. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Current Compact or Texas RN License
Associate Degree, Nursing
Prefer Bachelor of Science in Nursing
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current Compact or Texas RN License
ACLS, PALS, TNCC required within one year of employment or transfer to the department.
Certification and licenses must be renewed prior to expiration
Prefer Certified Emergency Room Nurse
Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course.
Advance trauma nurse course
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Three years clinical experience in ED with trauma designation (level IV or above) or ICU
One year process improvement involvement
One year of management experience
one year trauma coordinator experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to work long hours and irregular hours with many interruptions
Critical thinking ability
Knowledge of body substance isolation
Effective communication skills
Ability to lead others
Communicates clearly and concisely.
Encourages team-building efforts
Developed personal computer skills to include computer based scheduling
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 10/06/2016