Treasury Manager - Treasury Investments
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for managing external investment managers and reviewing portfolio risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Responsible for reviewing money market funds
* Responsible for preparing investment presentations to senior management
* Supports Treasury operations team on cash management and forecasting
* Acts as advisor to professional staff to resolve technical problems.
* Works well independently and within groups and requires minimal supervision.
* Responsible for portions of treasury operations adherence with SOX compliance and adherence to board approved treasury policies.
* Participates in strategic financial planning and discussions.
* Ensures that all monthly and quarterly requirements are met timely and accurately.
* Maintains proper internal controls.
* Acts as lead on projects related to Treasury and proactively seeks to recommend and implement process improvements.
* Provides technical and analytical support to senior members of Treasury function.
* Is comfortable and competent in working on treasury related projects involving departments outside of finance.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* 8+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BS in Finance, or Accounting. MBA and/or CFA are a plus.
* Requires a solid knowledge in investment management theory
* Experience in managing multiple managers and asset classes is preferred
* Strong proficiency in finance and treasury accounting knowledge of ASC 320 and other Treasury related accounting standards.
* Superior financial modeling and due diligence skills
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills are required. * Ability to excel in a fast paced, highly analytical environment where multi-tasking and short timelines are met with consistent ability to achieve financial accuracy.
* Outstanding ability to combine focus and attention to detail.
* Superb organizational and analytical skills are a must. * Knowledge of life science, healthcare, biotech experiences a plus.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :