This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REPORTS TO: Treasury Manager
SUPERVISES: Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable personnel
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages accounts payable personnel to ensure timely payment of suppliers by monitoring all aspects of the process
* Maintains all payment proposals within the ERP system and submits the data for weekly approval
* Oversees the accounts receivable function of the organization to facilitate timely receipts by fully understanding the contractual requirements that exist with a customer
* Responsible for reporting all foreign currency transactional data to the Treasury Manager and other Finance Management personnel
* Monitors all aged receivables and payables to ensure timely processing
* Liaisons with suppliers and customers to maintain a financial relationship that is beneficial to the organization
* Ensures those areas supervised provide support to the organization and follow all policies and procedures
* Oversees the development of policies and procedures for the Treasury area of the organization
* Recommends, implements and maintains process improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
* BS/BA Accounting required.
* 3-5 years financial experience, through public accounting/auditing and/or industry experience.
* Experience in banking relationships/products.
* Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
* Experience leading, coaching and developing staff.
* Microsoft Office experience required.
* Familiar with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
DIRECTION EXERCISED: Leads and directs department to fulfill requirements with schedule and regulatory constraints.
DISCRETION EXERCISED: A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Relies on experience and judgment to plan accomplish goals
LIAISES WITH: Controller, CFO, suppliers, department management teams as well as personnel from DCAA and SUPSHIP
All candidates must meet Austal USA's basic employment eligibility guidelines:
* 18 years or older at time of application
* Able to provide proof of US Person status (permanent resident or citizen)
* No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
* No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
* Willing to submit to a drug screen
* Willing to submit to a background check
* High School Diploma/GED or comparable trade experience with comparable trade experience defined as five (5) or more years of experience working in the applicable trade, two (2) years of experience in shipbuilding, or, education in the trade comparable to apprenticeship.