This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Universal Forest Products
* High school diploma
* Minimum 3 months, preferred 6 months of experience in related areas
* Demonstrate working knowledge of hazardous waste and hazardous material handling procedures and practices
* Successfully complete State Licensing requirements
* Successfully complete Forklift Driver licensing process . Previous Universal Forest Products experience preferred. Skills and abilities
* Ability to understand basic math and numbers
* Ability to recognize size/quality of material for treating and correct problems
* Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
* Ability to troubleshoot treating cylinder and chain deck issues
* Possess mechanical aptitude
* Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
* Ability to identify safety issues in their work area
* Ability to work under immediate supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management Conduct
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Leads by example
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
* Tests wood fiber and solutions to meet specific treating requirements.
* Transfer material into the treating cylinder (loading and unloading from the pad).
* Provides general preventive maintenance on treating equipment.
* Completes pre-shift/startup equipment checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
* Prepares for treating daily schedule.
* Ensures rough material is ready and available for treating.
* Follows treating protocol and instructions as described by Company policy.
* Maintains work area clean and organized
* May assist others moving material, loading and unloading material to and from the tram
* Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
* Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled