Triage Manager - Sapphire Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
The Elizabeth Hospice Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Since 1978, The Elizabeth Hospice has been at the forefront of providing hospice and palliative care, end-of-life home care and counseling in San Diego County. The Elizabeth Hospice is the oldest and largest nonprofit hospice and palliative care provider in the region, serving children and adults, and their families, impacted by illness, grief and loss, throughout communities within San Diego and the Inland Empire. In our 37-year history, we are honored to have earned the community s trust as the respected hospice and palliative care leader in the region.
Plans, organizes and coordinates the function of the Triage RNs, LVNs, Schedulers, and other after-hours staff for care of patients across the life span (perinatal, pediatrics, and adults). Responsible as a member of the interdisciplinary team for assigned functions related to continuous care including assessment, scheduling, coordinating visits. Applies concepts derived from management and communication theory, group dynamics, coaching/education methodologies and expert clinical judgment to ensure optimum quality of patient care and services. Assists with Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program by working on projects related to patient care as assigned.
* Implements agency strategic plans and protocols to assure compliance with all federal, state, and local health care regulations as they affect the provision of clinical services.
* Interviews, hires, orients, reviews, and evaluates the performance of assigned clinical staff.
* Demonstrates leadership in triage and assessment decisions and communicates issues regarding triage process to staff.
* Monitors budget variances and is accountable for results.
* Provides direct supervision of clinical practices of Triage staff and updates procedures/protocols.
* Responsible for appropriate utilization of staff, level of care changes and coordinates staffing of Continuous Care and Triage visit requests.
* Supervises the planning, coordination, and delivery of patient/family care in the absence of other Team Managers.
* Collaborates with Compliance Manager to resolve quality concerns and assist with special projects as assigned.
* Monitors utilization of personnel, coordinates follow-up of employees involved in workman s compensation in collaboration with HR.
* Collaborates with interdepartmental managers to assess deficiencies and determine process improvement needed.
* Participates in agency clinical leadership on call.
* Participates in Core IDG, attending at least every other week, to keep abreast of patient updates as related to impact on after hours staffing and needs.
* Role models/mentors triage staff to diffuse challenging calls/behaviors ensuring that the situation is managed in a calm, sensitive way. Participates in agency orientation to provide education about role of triage.
* Provides triage specific education to triage staff to keep them current with triage skills, plans of care related to Crisis Care, and treatments.
* Responsible for project development, implementation, and evaluation as directed.
Work hours: Exempt position: M-F, 8:00-5:00 p.m.
On-call: Manager rotation for on-call back-up
Bachelor s Degree preferred, preferably in nursing, health care administration, or business administration, 3+ years healthcare management experience with 2 years hospice supervisory responsibilities preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. * Requires knowledge of hospice care, the dying and bereavement process and demonstrated clinical expertise in triaging crises.
* Current CA RN licensure required.
* Certification in hospice required.
* Proficient in electronic documentation and basic computer skills (Word processing, Data Entry, Outlook, Word).
* Current California driver s license with proof of insurance required.
* Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.