This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Individuals in this position will work with new incoming claims. This position requires a person to make decisions about which business units and locations within CNA to assign the claims, and which adjusters in those locations should receive the claims. Individuals also review information in the system related to the claim, make corrections, additions and gather missing information.
The hours for this position will be 10:00 am - 6:00 pm EST.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
* Determines the nature/severity of the claim and identifies the appropriate claim adjuster/business segment based on assignment rules and/or other pertinent criteria.
* Reviews claim file to ensure key data elements are complete and accurate.
* Reviews loss for missing information and identifies appropriate policy information and validates coverage.
* Establishes appropriate claim adjuster activities based on line of business.
* Reviews and applies special handling instructions for claim routing.
* May make call-outs to insureds, agents, attorneys and others, for missing information to determine appropriate claim assignment.
* May perform additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
* Insurance knowledge preferred.
* Good interpersonal skills including strong phone and email etiquette.
* Strong data entry skills and attention to detail necessary.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Good organizational and follow-up skills.
* Ability to work independently and effectively in a high volume environment as well as in a team environment.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience. Some college preferred.
* Typically a minimum of one to two years in office operations and one to two years experience in Property and Casualty line of business preferred.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing
Organization: CLAIM-Finance & Operations
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.