Trouble Resolution Specialist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
At EarthLink, we take pride in providing exceptional service to our business customers. The Business Services Team supports business customers by troubleshooting service affecting issues from customer trouble tickets. Members of the Business Services Trouble Resolution Team will manage customer relationships, create and update trouble tickets for customers, agents, and vendors, as well as utilize multiple systems to pinpoint a customer issue in order to keep our business customers satisfied. As part of the resolution process, Technicians will also be tasked to offer and sell additional products and services to continue to grow the customer s relationship with EarthLink
The Trouble Resolution Specialist II will be responsible for the resolution of external client trouble incidents in a technical support environment. Technicians utilize their networking, hardware, and software skills to diagnose, qualify, and resolve client issues. Duties include comprehensive troubleshooting of facility, service, and feature based issues on a converged voice and data network. Effectively balance inbound customers calls, ticket queue, renewal/upsell opportunities and Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) targets.
* Initiate diagnostics and additional testing and data gathering to resolve tickets or document information needed for next level support
* Clearly communicate the diagnostic findings/results with the customer, set customer expectation accordingly, responding to any additional questions the customer may have in a professional manner.
* Follow up on vendor or supplier trouble tickets, internal dispatches, coordinate with other internal and external organizations as needed, and meet MTTR and customer status expectations
* Escalate Trouble Tickets with the appropriate supplier organizations (internal & external) when Service Level Agreements [SLAs] are missed
* Diffuse difficult customers by reassuring customer we will work to resolve their issue in timely fashion
* Act as the primary customer point of contact for the customer throughout the life of a ticket, responsible for providing customer with regular status updates on Trouble Ticket progress, setting realistic expectations, and verify resolution
* Properly code Trouble Tickets with appropriate closure codes, detailing the results of the testing and resolution
* Escalation to management of service interruption patterns, to assist in the identification of potential network service effecting issues.
* Utilize available technology to efficiently respond to client requests
* Prioritize work to meet or exceed client expectations
* Work in partnership with other EarthLink Business service/repair oriented departments to respond to customer issues in a timely fashion
* Proactively resolve obstacles that interfere with job performance and/or job satisfaction
* Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your team on an as needed basis, based upon customers business needs
* Basic Metrics:
* Meet MTTR goals of overall Trouble Tickets
* Meet LEC Referral MTTR goal
* Schedule Adherence of 98% (attendance, punctuality, breaks/lunches)
* Ticket Quality Score of 75% (monitoring 4-8 tickets per month, for ticket quality and customer status)
* Meet a 100% goal of Customer Status on Trouble Tickets
* Meet monthly scorecard metrics on multiple factors including tickets resolved, calls in/out, # public notes, quality, CSAT and Renewal targets
* Train Other Technicians as needed.
* Ability to open and close a ticket with high quality including clear documentation of steps taken for resolution.
* Work individual queue based on severity level and prioritizing work based on the customers business needs and specific situations that could change throughout the repair process.
* Initiate, and engage in conference calls between repair, customers, and higher level support organizations to resolve issues.
* Assist the GCC with isolating outages that are not obvious LEC issues (IPSec outages, non-geographic specific outages, etc.
* Basic Command Line Interface knowledge
* Intermediate working knowledge of networking WAN/LAN topology
* Intermediate working knowledge of Adtran/Cisco routers and switches.
* Ability to isolate layer 1 issues WAN/LANIn
In addition to the above, the Trouble Resolution NON-FACILITY position requires at least (but not limited to) three of the following:
* Intermediate knowledge of voice switch platforms including Nortel DMS, Lucent 5ESS and MetaSwitch (Soft switch).
* Basic scripting and debugging
* Intermediate working knowledge of Network protocols such as ATM, Frame Relay and Ethernet.
* Intermediate working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, RIP and STATIC ROUTING.
* Intermediate working knowledge of Voice protocols such as CAS, ISDN, SS7, MGCP, H.323, and SIP
* Intermediate working knowledge of Voice features such as Call forwarding, Voice mail and Hunting as well as LNP process and troubleshooting
* Intermediate knowledge of Hosted Voice features including MADN, MLHG, Softphone, Hosted Contact Center/ACD and mobile communicator.
* Intermediate ability to evaluate client metrics such as overall bandwidth and QOS setting requirements.
* Including MADN, MLHG, Softphone, Hosted Contact Center/ACD and mobile communicator.
* Minimum AAS degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor s degree or equivalent preferred (to include military backgrounds and Associate s degrees with additional work experience).
* 1 - 3 years of experience in a technical service, IT or help desk environment.
* CCENT or CCNA certification preferred equivalent Adtran certifications will also be considered.