Trouble Resolution Specialist III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
EarthLink, an original Internet pioneer, has evolved into one of the world s top managed network, security and cloud solution providers. Our people keep us competitive and focused, and we re looking for talented professionals to join our team! Are you passionate about driving transformation* Are you ready to impact how people experience technology in business and as consumers* By joining EarthLink, you will feel energized by working in a fast-paced, ever-changing technology environment, and will gain experience to help you grow personally and professionally.
The Senior Trouble Resolution Specialist will be responsible for the resolution of external client trouble incidents in a technical support environment. Technicians utilize their networking, hardware, and software skills to diagnose, qualify, and resolve client issues. Duties include comprehensive troubleshooting of facility, service, and feature based issues on a converged voice and data network. Technicians must be team oriented, have technical troubleshooting experience, and be able to work with internal and external contacts on behalf of our customers. Technicians must be self-motivated, client-centric, and possess the ability to apply dynamic policies and knowledge to resolve complex issues.
* Managing incoming and outgoing calls including customer inquiries on service/repair related issues and demonstrate ability to communicate clearly while remaining calm and professional.
* Managing a ticket queue via EarthLink s ticketing system.
* Prioritizing ticket volumes to meet or exceed client/EarthLink metrics and expectations.
* Clearly communicating to customers the next steps and timeframes.
* Providing customers with status on existing trouble ticket both on a reactive and proactive basis, ticket creation via scripted response.
* Escalating trouble tickets with the appropriate supplier organizations (internal & external) when Service Level Agreements [SLAs] are missed.
* Assigning and following up with internal/external teams till ticket resolution.
* Identifying and escalating issues potentially affecting network service.
* Utilizing available diagnostic software to identify several types of customers trouble reports.
* Demonstrating uncompromised integrity by acting and communicating openly, honestly and fairly in everything done, following the EarthLink Core Values & Beliefs as a guide.
* Proactively resolve obstacles that interfere with job performance and/or job satisfaction.
* Demonstrate the ability to successfully identify revenue and retention opportunities with a solutions selling approach.
Required Skills / Abilities & Competencies
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Proven ability to multi-task utilizing time management and work prioritization skills to properly manage ticket
* Work individual queue based on severity level and prioritizing work based on the customers business needs and specific situations that could change throughout the repair process.
* Basic level technical competence in a Windows/MAC based environment.
* Basic working knowledge of internal/external vendor software for ticketing and diagnostics.
* Basic ability to evaluate client metrics such as overall bandwidth and QOS setting requirements.
* Trouble Resolution-NON FACILITY position requires at least but not limited to 3 to 4 of the following areas.
* Intermediate working knowledge of Adtran/Cisco routers and switches.
o Basic Command Line Interface knowledge
o Basic scripting and debugging
* Intermediate working knowledge of Network protocols such as ATM, Ethernet, and SIP.
* Intermediate working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and STATIC ROUTING.
* Intermediate working knowledge of Voice protocols such as CAS, ISDN, SS7 and VoIP
* Intermediate working knowledge of Voice features such as Call forwarding, Voice mail and Hunting.
* Intermediate working knowledge of networking WAN/LAN topology
o Ability to isolate layer 1 issues WAN/LAN
* Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your team on an as needed basis, based upon customers business needs
* Ability to Sell-Upsell products/Value Added Services related to the industry.
* Excellent selling skills to be able to sell client products to new customers. To be able to manage Objection Handling.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
* Associate s degree or equivalent required
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent preferred (to include military backgrounds and Associate s degrees with additional work experience)
* 3-5+ years of experience in a technical service, IT or help desk environment required
* 3-5+ years of experience in a customer service environment with proven ability to adjust communication strategy based on customer s level of frustration and technical aptitude.
* CCENT or CCNA certification preferred equivalent Adtran certifications will also be considered.