This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Melrose Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
Alro Steel is currently seeking a Truck Driver to join our team in Melrose Park, IL.
Join the Alro team and start building your tomorrow!
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Alro offers rewarding and challenging career opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We work hard to provide our teammates with comprehensive on-the-job training for a multitude of business disciplines, so that they can maximize their career expectations.
Most importantly, employment at Alro is about being a part of something bigger. It's about being on a team that employs the highest levels of loyalty, honesty and integrity. It's about exceeding customer expectations on a daily basis by taking a true interest in their needs. An Alro career provides a dynamic work environment that allows our teammates to learn, grow and succeed in whatever they put their minds to, both personally and professionally.
Alro has an immediate opening for a truck driver. This position is responsible for:
* checking, securing and protecting steel loads prior to delivery,
* delivering material orders to customers on tractor-trailer flatbed equipment,
* assisting customers in unloading process, including obtaining proper signatures on delivery paperwork, identification of material to be unloaded, etc,
* return of any undelivered material back to home branch,
* operating heavy equipment including cranes, forklifts, and processing machinery, if needed,
*working afternoon or evening hours as needed, based upon shift assignment.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a previous work history that includes:
* a valid CDL-A license, including up-to-date medical certification,
* a driving record that reflects adherence to all Federal DOT regulations, as well as State and Local traffic laws,
* previous experience in operations for a metal service center and securing metal loads is preferred,
* excellent attendance,
* safe work habits,
* computer and keyboard skill development
*Flexible Spending Accounts
*Retirement Savings Plan
About the company:
Alro Steel Corporation supplies raw materials (carbon, stainless steel, aluminum and red metals) to a variety of manufacturing and other industries. Our customer base, ranging in size from small to very large users of metals, has come to depend on Alro's commitment to excellent delivery service.
Alro Steel, established in 1948, is a privately held corporation with over 60 facilities strategically located throughout the Midwest and Southeast.
Alro Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers a Drug-Free Environment and Opportunities for Advancement.