This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
Universal Forest Products
* Must be 21 years of age.
* Minimum 12th grade basic education completed.
* Minimum 1 year of experience driving a commercial vehicle in excess of 26,000 lbs. Preferable 3 to 5 years of experience driving a commercial vehicle.
* Working knowledge of vehicle parts, and how to handle minor repairs to ensure equipment is in proper operating conditions.
* Required to have a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License
* Successfully completion of forklift driver licensing process.
Skills and abilities
* Ability to pass a written and driving test on DOT rules and regulations
* Ability to pass a physical examination (DOT required)
* Ability to operate an electronic board system
* Ability to block, brace/strap and tie down/secure cargo for transportation and to tarp load
* Ability to determine if vehicle is properly loaded and if weight cargo is adequate
* Ability to drive and perform duties in a safe manner
* Ability to identify equipment malfunctions and determine safe operation of the vehicle
* Proficient in the use of English language in reading, writing and speaking.
* Ability to work in a wide range of weather conditions
* Ability to interact with co-workers, customers and vendors
* Good understanding of effici
encies and productivity measures
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management
* Must not have any DOT recordable accidents in the past three years
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Leads by example and positive attitude
* Good communicator, customer service oriented and problem solver
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
* Safely drives on the road delivering products in various weather conditions
* Completes pre-trip and post-trip inspection sheets
* Inspects equipment to ensure safe operating conditions -- checks oil and fuel prior to leaving the yard
* Secures load and/or inspects load to ensure is been properly secured.
* Performs duties consistent with all applicable safety, DOT and Company rules.
* Conducts preventive maintenance to truck and ensures is clean
* Maintains appropriate driving records, logs, and shipping documents as required
* Maintains radio/telephone and EOB (Electronic On-Board System) contact with base or supervisor to receive instructions or to be dispatched to new locations
* Verifies shipping documents for accuracy, and obtains customer's signature on paperwork upon delivery.
* Completes paperwork are required.
* May operate a forklift to load/unload trailers as required.
* Follows forklift rules and policies as described by Company policy.
* Completes training as required by management.
* Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
* Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled