Truck Driver-Material Handler - 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Working within established procedures and guidelines, this position is responsible for accurately identifying, controlling and moving stocks around the plant and recording those movements in the relevant computer systems. This role also performs inventory counts and assists in the root cause investigation of discrepancies.
* Accurately identify all materials within the facility and controls their physical location.
* Move materials around the plant by manual physical transport requiring lifting, pushing, and pulling.
* Performs data entry transactions within the relevant computer systems to ensure accurate record keeping.
* Assists all areas/departments with material support for ECOs, samples, projects, and/or plant tests.
* Assists in resolution of problems encountered pertaining to material handling and inventory control.
* Performs inventory counts and assists in the root cause investigation of discrepancies.
* Follows all safety guidelines and handles hazardous materials following established safety requirements.
* Follows all company policies and established operating procedures for the assigned material handing operations.
* Requires the ability to work any shift or material handing area to meet business requirements.
* Requires the ability to work overtime to meet business requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or GED.
* Previous experience working within a truck driving role operating box trucks and tractor trailer is preferred.
* Previous SAP ERP system experience is preferred.
* Previous experience working in a material handling role preferred.
* Previous experience working within a high volume repetitive manufacturing environment preferred.
* Ability to consistently demonstrate attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
* Working knowledge of the regulatory requirements and operating procedures for the material handing operation in which assigned.
* Ability to learn and operate all necessary tools and equipment for the material handling operation in which assigned.
* Ability to gain a clear understanding of traceability of materials, the FIFO (First In First Out) process, and how this process relates to production.
* Skilled to make decisions when working with supervisors, leads, engineers and all others pertaining to parts exchange and how it affects material movement and inventory accuracy.
* Ability to read, interpret, and understand the production schedules and how they affect Material Handling.
* Ability to learn and become proficient with the ERP system and all other software applications relevant to the area.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Requires Terumo BCT licensing to operate PITs (Powered Industrial Trucks).
* Requires a valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver s License), subject to all Department of Transportation required random drug/alcohol screening, as well as a DOT physical.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity.
* Must be able to work in a clean room environment, adhere to associated policies, and perform gowningof clean room attire in the allotted time prior to start up.
* Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds and transport up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
* Requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity including ability to distinguish colors.
* Requires the ability to regularly perform repetitive motions.
* Must be able to work under florescent lighting.
* Must be able to maintain pace with the material demands of the production facility.
* Requires the ability to sit or stand through the duration of a shift.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Must be able to work in an environment where exposure to moving mechanical parts, high and/or precarious places, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and/or radiation, and vibration may exist.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado s Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.
High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience
No prior experience required
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity