Truck Shop Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Repairs and overhauls automobiles, buses, trucks, and other automotive vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Examines vehicles and discusses with Lead Mechanic nature and extent of damage or malfunction.
* Raises vehicle, with hydraulic jack or hoisted, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle.
* Removes and disassembles unit such as engine, transmission, or differential and inspects parts for wear.
* Repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearing.
* Overhauls or replaces carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
* Rebuilds parts such as motors and engines. Rewires ignition system, lights and instrument panel.
* Realigns and adjusts brakes, checks front end for alignment problems, repairs or replaces shock absorbers.
* Mends damaged body and fenders by hammering out or filling in dents and welding broken parts.
* Replaces and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; one year general experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to work with all types of electrical equipment and tools. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer