Truss Designer, Single Family
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Universal Forest Products
JOB DESCRIPTION* Minimum of three years of single family and / or light commercial truss design experience utilizing the Mitek truss design software.
* Demonstrate the ability to read and understand blueprints.
* Demonstrate mathematical skills required to calculate concentrated and uniform loads.
* Working knowledge of floor and roof systems and the ability to spec out beams and hangers.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrate the ability to work independently managing multiple tasks, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
* Ability to sit at a desk for up to ten hours.
* Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking.
* Good people skills with strong customer service attitude and proper phone etiquette.
Prepare bids, layouts and engineered profiles using Mitek and LP software.
Work with sales force to ensure that customers' requirements are met.
Design other components as directed by management.
Maintain a good working relationship with fellow employees.
Assist in training and development of other designers (as required).
Perform other work related duties as assigned.
Work closely with retail clients, builders, framers and developers to answer design questions and offer design solutions.
Grow and maintain strong customer relationships.
Place orders within our productions system
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled