Trust & Estates Legal Secretary
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
DLA Piper LLP(US)
JOB DESCRIPTIONDLA Piper is a leading global business law firm. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results oriented people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving skills.
If you are a highly talented Trust & Estates Legal Secretary interested in working closely with clients, attorneys and paralegals, assisting attorneys in all stages of estate law including estate planning, estate administration and trusts and wills - we want to hear from you!.
This position is located in the Baltimore - Mt. Washington, MD office. Your standard hours are to be 8:30 am -5:00 pm with overtime as needed.
The Secretarial Services department provides lawyers with a high-level of practice group support and is involved in the day-to-day management of clients and matters.
* High school diploma, Bachelor's degree or some college coursework strongly preferred.
* 3-5 years of Trust & Estates experience in a law firm or professional services organizations.
* Must have intermediate to advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office
What will your day to day look like
* Prepares, edits, and proofreads a variety of documents, e.g. correspondence, agreements, pleadings, spreadsheets and presentations. Manages and assists with complex document production. May require use of transcription/dictation equipment.
* Delegates/inputs time entry, tracks WIP and A/R, reviews and edits pre-bills for submission to accounting.
* Exercises judgment and delegates administrative tasks as needed to the appropriate firm resources, e.g., Business Center, VPC, other Legal Secretaries, and/or Project Team Specialist/Assistant. When delegating, maintains responsibility for and tracks all activities/tasks/projects to successful completion.
* Maintains calendars to include coordination and scheduling meetings, depositions, conference calls and WebEx, sends calendar invites and reminders, reserves conference rooms/off-site venues and visitor offices, tracks deadlines and status of cases/matters, and updates Docketing Department on court deadlines.
* Works with Records and Accounting on New Business intake to request new files, client/matter numbers, and assist with the conflicts process. Works with teams to consolidate and organize files at the close of the matter.
* Maintains and updates contact lists, creates labels from lists and coordinates mailings as directed by timekeepers.
* Assists timekeepers with administrative tasks related to attorney compliance requirements and professional organizations.
* Maintains confidential information in a professional and trustworthy manner.
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.
To learn more about DLA Piper, please visit our website.