Trust Tax Administrator I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
BOK Financial Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 16342
Areas of Interest: Admin Support; Tax; Trust
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies.
.The Trust Tax Administrator I is primarily responsible for the organization, coordination and assembly of all necessary tax information for assigned investment management, custody, corporate, trust and estate accounts; prepares and files federal and state fiduciary, estate tax, and charitable trust returns; prepares and files 1099 s. Other tax compliance duties, based upon utilization within the department, may include: partnership, individual income tax; individual estimate processing; payroll tax returns; property tax work. Advises trust officers and customers on a variety of tax matters including tax related accounting and asset issues.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares Federal and State tax fiduciary tax returns as assigned; maintains tax records and information used in filing returns for proper tax treatment; researches tax laws, regulations, and rulings pertaining to federal and state income taxes in order to maximize tax planning strategies and assure compliance with all statutory and regulatory reporting and filing requirements.
- Coordinates with trust administration, trust operations, and various account service providers to ensure correct tax coding of transactions to effectively facilitate the preparation of tax returns; provides beneficiaries and other interested parties with required and supplemental information necessary for preparing individual returns in a timely manner.
- Reviews trust agreements; sets up and maintains necessary records and information pertinent to tax compliance on investment management, custody, and fiduciary trust accounts. May provide service to EB and Corporate accounts.
- Advises management, trust administrators and their assistants with respect to tax issues and opportunities which affect the management of their accounts including coordinating tax return audits and responding to client requests concerning tax reporting.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned including preparation of internal reports, staff management, tax fee revenue assessment and collection, budgeting (as assigned) special assets compliance, monthly income analysis of Common Trust Funds and proprietary mutual funds, client meetings or specialized administrative work (including committee assignments or some account relationship management assistance). May represent the Bank on professional or industry-related boards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of fiduciary taxation regulations and practices
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Excellent PC skills including spreadsheet applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work as a team to meet strict deadlines
- Good analytical, coping, and problem solving skillsThis level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor s Degree or working towards a Bachelor s degree or at least 6 years equivalent experience.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.