UAS Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONUAS Program ManagerJob ID:
UAS Program Manager Job Location:
Herndon, VA Job Code:
CN20160209-13903 Job Description:
The Surveillance and Automation Solutions Business within Harris is seeking a program manager to lead pursuit and execution of programs for integrating Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) into the National Airspace System through developing and implementing techniques for UAS Detect and Avoid and for UAS command and control. Responsibilities:* Leads Harris-wide efforts to integrate a network of surveillance sensors to provide situational awareness, Detect and Avoid, and airspace management to support low altitude UAS operations; Leads Harris-wide efforts to integrate large-scale managed networks for communication of voice, Command and Control, and payload data for UAS operations.
* Leads business development activities to identify new customers and connect them with our solutions to meet their requirements; create proposals for delivery to the customer
* Develops and executes plans for development, implementation, and operations of complex technical products and services to achieve UAS integration business goals.
* Communicates and coordinates with internal and external stakeholders
* Manages a collaborative work environment with the customer to achieve business objectives.
* Coordinates and supports development of domestic policy and FAA regulations to enable safe and efficient UAS operations for commercial use.
* Ensures that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production and facilities are available to support the program.
* Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical and support areas. Qualifications:* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, or science; with ten (10) or more years' experience in managing projects involving planning, integrating and implementation of complex systems and equipment.
* 15+ years of experience with product development and engineering is desired.* 10+ years of experience with FAA and the National Airspace System.
* 10+ years of experience in demonstrated capability to lead teams in successfully achieving defined goals and objectives within cost and schedule constraints.
* 10+ years of experience with contractual, financial, system engineering, and other cross functional areas to provide leadership over a wide breadth of program activities.* US Citizenship - will be required to provide proof of citizenship.
* Ability to able to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Preferred Additional Skills:* Must have strong oral and written communication skills to present information to team members, management and customers.
* The successful candidate will possess strong initiative and ability to function in a dynamic environment.* Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion.
* Understanding of product management and delivering product solutions on a program activity
* Ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them. This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Program Management Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - VA - Herndon .