UBC - Software Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Blue Bell, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20004321
The Software Development Engineer uses in-depth knowledge and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex software application programs. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming, and act as a resource for team members with less experience. The Software Development Engineer will code, test, debug, document and maintain software application programs.
* Partner with a multiple vendors to create estimates and delivery plans for projects at a capability level.
* Ensure quality of technology delivery of multiple vendors technology solutions for multiple concurrent projects at capability level.
* Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions for multiple concurrent projects within an application family. (i.e. Claims, C&PS, or CS&DW)
* Function as team leader with accountability: Setting direction to mature the technology associated with the team. Key aspect of this is tech debt removal when possible. Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area. Recommend actions to increase ESI and vendor partner knowledge on team.
* Serve as SME for components of the team.
* Support activities of senior team members and architects to set direction for new technology components in the ESI environment.
* Provide technical guidance to projects for components of a technology suites
* Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
* Participate in resolving urgent and high production incidents.
* Participate in action to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
* Work on special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
* 5-8 years relevant experience or Master s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience; 1-2 years ESI experience preferred
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is the leading provider of integrated development and commercial support solutions that deliver evidence of safe use, while optimizing access to mediation and care.
UBC leverages our specialty pharmacy therapy expertise and contracts for specialty pharmacy and specialty distribution services.
UBC's services include reimbursement, patient assistance and alternate funding programs, channel optimization through specialty pharmacy, specialty distribution and 3PL services, Customized clinical adherence and commercialization strategies powered by Express Scripts data.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.