UCSF Junior/Assistant/Associate Specialist Position - McManus Lab 8/31/2016
University of California - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY UCSF JUNIOR/ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE SPECIALIST POSITION - MCMANUS LAB
* SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - Diabetes Center
Open date: August 30th, 2016
Last review date: September 21st, 2016
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled. Final date: March 1st, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF Junior/Assistant/Associate Specialist Position - McManus Lab
The McManus Lab at University of California San Francisco is seeking a lab specialist at the junior, assistant, or associate rank, depending on qualifications. Our laboratory is interested in the role of non-coding RNAs and the regulation of gene expression. One focus of our research is to determine the mechanisms for gene regulation and function in mouse models, illuminating connections between noncoding RNAs and development/disease. The candidate will be working in a small team who are engaged in basic research.
This is a full-time position at UCSF and ideal position for applicants interested in working with laboratory mice. To learn about our science, visit our websites at: http://mcmanuslab.ucsf.edu
Perform molecular biology techniques including DNA extraction, PCR, plasmid preparation and basic cloning.
Oversee transgenic mouse colony maintenance.
Perform dissections and collect embryos and adult mouse tissues as needed.
Record keeping and data entry.
Perform other duties as assigned.
* Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) in biological/biochemical science or related field or at least four years of research experience in a related field.
* Specialists appointed at the Assistant/Associate rank must possess a master s degree (or equivalent degree) in biological/biochemical science or related field or at least five years of experience in the relevant specialization. Appointees at the Associate level must have significant record of academic accomplishment including published or in-press publication, and a demonstrated record of University and/or public service. Additionally, appointees at the Associate level will provide considerable independence in planning and execution of research.
* Ability to work under minimal supervision.
* Strong organization, and oral/written communication skills.
Previous experience in animal husbandry.
Knowledge of and experience with basic molecular biology protocols.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01074
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters please don t contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interested
Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT ALLOWED
This position is in the UCSF Parnassus Ave campus, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://main.hercjobs.org/jobs/8426310
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
* Create an ApplicantID
* Provide required information and documents
* If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now
Questions* Contact the hiring department
Already applied* Log in to your application
The University of California, San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an equal employment opportunity.
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law Supplement.
The University of California, San Francisco is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports.