UEFI FIRMWARE ENGINEER
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Silicon Graphics International Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
SGI is a global leader in high performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management that enable customers to accelerate time to discovery, innovation, and profitability.
SGI has an immediate opening for an experienced UEFI firmware engineer. This position will primarily work with system and application engineers to develop and deploy mechanisms to effectively manage UEFI settings on SGI systems using third party UEFI images.
* Design and integrate system utilities to expose and manipulate UEFI settings.
* Work with third party UEFI vendors to accomplish the above.
* Explore and evaluate existing tools and utilities to accomplish the above.
* Work with SGI engineers to understand and recommend required UEFI tunable values.
* Work with SGI engineers to integrate UEFI/BIOS tools into existing management software.
* Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in overall system design or embedded Linux programming.
* Strong C programming experience with an emphasis on hardware interfaces.
* Has a Linux foundation: system administration, configuration, and systems programming
* Familiar with scripting languages, eg. BASH shell, awk, Perl
* Familiar with hardware interfaces: I2C, SPI, Ethernet
* Exposure to integration of open source software packages.
* Excellent communication skills.
SGI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment through our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.