UI Business Analyst
Alere eScreen, located in Overland Park, KS, was designed to be the ultimate management solution for nationwide employee screening programs. We provide automated hiring program solutions for some of the nations largest employment programs. Today with more than 4,000 occupational health providers and as the only truly integrated, electronic drug testing solution in the industry, the capabilities are virtually limitless in our ability to simplify local and nationwide testing.
At Alere eScreen we are driven by the vision, passion and dedication of our employees. We are committed to developing and delivering innovative products and services which automate and streamline the employee screening process by combining cutting-edge technology with superior customer service. We are looking for qualified professionals who are interested in joining an innovative team. We look for individuals with the expertise, passion, and drive to contribute to a team that is committed to providing superior customer service.
Alere eScreen offers a wide range of employment opportunities. We offer great benefits and a variety of employee programs. We promote a fun, open and engaging work environment and we encourage our employees to grow and develop for future internal opportunities.
If you are seeking a fun and innovative place to work, we invite you to apply at Alere eScreen!
Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry. Collaborate closely with business analyst and software development team to ensure a unified and engaging user experience across all touchpoints using highly intuitive, elegant, user-centric design solutions. Work on defining standards and processes for ensuring that all software development applications have user-centric design. Documents, reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions. Will also work as business analyst on software development projects and determine where technology can accommodate business need. Strong organization and communication skills to tell the product story and facilitate cross-department communication in gathering best ideas for future solutions. Will be responsible conducting user interface testing/end user feedback and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - (KEY ACTIVITIES)
* Interview or survey end users, observe job performance or perform the job to determine what information is processed and how it is processed.
* Create wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes and assets to guide engineering through the implementation of software projects.
* Will also work with the marketing department on branding and graphical software needs to ensure compliance with corporate standards
* Support with writing detailed business specifications and requirements
* Conduct user interface testing and collect end user feedback
* Help develop user interface design standards to be used in the software development lifecycle
* Review software development project to ensure user-centric design is maintained
* Researching requirements, interviewing subject matter experts, drafting documents, sending documents through review cycles, updating documents, processing documents through the release process, and attending team meetings
* Demonstrates a willingness to take on new tasks and to contribute to the team's success in a variety of capacities.
* Demonstrated organization, time management, and communication skills
* Ability to work directly with customers to gather requirements
Alere eScreen is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alere eScreen is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors degree preferred
* 2 years experience in product UI design for software applications including web and mobile preferred
* Prior industry experience preferred
* Business Analyst experience preferred
* Able to work in a face past environment with quick turnaround from concept to design
SPAN OF CONTROL / COMPLEXITY
* Seasoned professional contributor with responsibility for an advanced area of work in the professional field
* May be responsible for entire projects or functions having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to department, area, and, at times, SBU results
* May be asked to review software development projects to ensure user interface is in compliance with defined standards