UI/UX Designer 9/3/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
ABOUT ADVANCED ANALYTICS:
BCG's Advanced Analytics team delivers powerful analytics-based insights designed to help our clients tackle their most pressing business problems. We partner with BCG case teams and practices across the full analytics value-chain: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative analytics workflows, training colleagues in new methodologies, and interpreting findings for our clients. The Advanced Analytics team is a global resource, working with clients in every BCG region and in every industry area. It is a core member of a rapidly growing Analytics enterprise at BCG a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by bringing leading edge analytics approaches.
As a UI/ UX designer, you will work with highly collaborative team of designers, business analysts, product managers and engineers to develop a wide gamut of applications for our clients and practice area groups. You will understand the business context of product and collaborate with multiple key stakeholders to design intuitive and user-friendly solutions such as dashboards, applications, click through prototypes etc. for web and mobile devices, using user-centered design practices, i.e. from research to creating visual designs to UI review of the final product. With additional knowledge of user testing methods.
* Working at the early concept phase (organizing and running idea sessions, creating mood boards, storyboarding, brainstorming, creating personas, user scenarios and developing concept sketches/ prototypes).
* Creating stunning, intuitive and responsive user interface designs mockups for dashboards, mobile & web applications, interactive simulations, prototypes.
* Have a strong visual style to be able to generate appealing UIs working against tight deadlines.
* Developing engaging & seamless user experience across multiple devices that translates user needs and business goals into innovative solutions.
* Communicating high-level design thinking, strategies and detailed compelling interactions.
* Developing visual design and user experience solutions that work across services and innovating with product teams in visual and motion language (including conceptual thinking, grid, typography, color and overall design patterns).
* Collaborating with engineering team to ensure pixel-perfect and polished applications by providing design guidelines & detailed specifications.
* Conducting primary and secondary research (contextual user interviews, A/B testing etc.) to gain better understanding of the business problem and provide elegant solutions.
* Work closely and carry out visual quality control with the engineering team to ensure visual aspects of the delivery in-line with provided design specifications.
Basic Job Requirements
Education & Experience
* Bachelors Degree Required in Graphic Design, Interaction Design or other similar program; Advanced Degree preferred.
* 4-6 years of relevant experience in UI/UX Design
* Experience in software consulting or product organization is a plus
* Prior experience in collaborating with product/engineering teams towards delivering the solution and driving the product through pragmatic approach
* Strong portfolio demonstrating visual design skills, user centered design process, interaction, attention to detail and mastery of typography, color, layout, etc.
* Previous contributions made to open source projects, blogs, forums, etc. in relevant technologies
* Deep experience in 2 or more of the following:
* PhotoShop & Illustrator (must), Flash, Air, Flex, InDesign, Just in Mind and/or AfterEffects
* Well versed in common design methods, principles and usability techniques
* Very strong creative and visual skills to articulate design decision and process
* Deep experience in typography, color schemes, iconography, grid structures and/or design principles
* Intermediate experience in 2 or more of the following technologies:
* Good knowledge of Accesibility and W3C standards
* A strong self-driven passion in design and technology trends.
* Strong client-facing presentation and communication skills
* Demonstrated passion and leadership
* Expectional communication skills with the ability to make complex areas understandable
* Strong verbal/presentation and written skills
* Good business sense and judgment
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple tasks in parallel
* Great listening skills, with an open minded and team-oriented approach to design
* Structured thinker, with strong attention to detail
* Autonomous, self-motivated, hard-working
* Collaborative, positive team player
* Strong work ethic, reliability, and service mentality
* Strong interpersonal skills, including credibility and ability to provide expert analytical advice
* Highest ethical standards able to maintain discretion and confidentiality
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 2935BR