UNIT SECRETARY - FLOAT POOL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Unit secretary is an integral part of the float pool at Bayshore Hospital
A day in the life of a Unit Secretary at Meridian includes:
* Performing clerical duties related to admission, discharge, and documentation of patient information while prioritizing and organizing work assignments based on changing needs and situation in the department
* Greeting patient and families. Assisting them in filling out necessary forms and paperwork.
* Completing admission and discharge paper work and file processing
* Developing a rapport and cooperative relationship with nursing and clinical staff and responding to questions/requests from healthcare providers
* Organizing and filing medical information appropriately
* Answering the phones and call bell and communication clearly when receiving information from other units, physicians and/or guests
* Safeguarding sensitive medical information and practicing strict procedures in handling confidentiality of data pertaining to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors
* Serving as a resource with the department in terms of helping troubleshoot computer and systems usage issues.
* Maintaining and stocking all designated clerical related supplies and equipment in the department
* Completing other/varied tasks s necessary to ensure the efficient operation on the the department
* The unit Secretary also escorts our visitors from waiting area and instructions on hand-washing.
* High School Diploma or GED is required
* Completion of a Secretarial Course and/or a Medical Terminology Course is strongly preferred
* Previous experience as a Nursing Unit Secretary in a hospital setting is strongly preferred
* Knowledge of Soarian Orders, One staff and E-shift is strongly preferred
* At least 1 year work experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant strongly preferred
* Knowledge of Microsoft office is strongly preferred
* BLS required
* Patient Care Associate certification is strongly preferred
* Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Proficiency with medical vocabulary and general understanding of hospital policy & procedures. General computer skills, including order entry and basic proficiency with Microsoft Office are required. You must enjoy working with patients and their families, and be both flexible and adaptable in adjusting to changes in patient population and volume. Looking for the unit secretary to have a PCA certification to assist with the constant fluctuation to acuity and census. The ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times is critical.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.