This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Unit Secretary.
* Greets visitors, patients and healthcare staff and assists in meeting their needs.
* Answers telephones and triages calls on the unit.
* Reviews all verbal orders for physician signatures.
* Ensures patient charts are complete per hospital universal chart order.
* Notifies support and ancillary departments regarding any service requested or needed.
* Updates census report and forwards to Admitting Department.
* Orders and maintains office supplies.
* May be asked to transport items to other areas of the medical complex.
* High school diploma or GED is required.
* 1 year of clerical or office support experience preferably in a healthcare environment.
* Must possess a current basic life support (BLS) certification.
* Strong Organizational skills
* Excellent communication and computer skills
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.