- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
UNIT SECRETARY - 5 SOUTH TELEMETRY
* Performing clerical duties related to admission, discharge, and documentation of patient information while prioritizing and organizing work assignments based on changing needs and situations in the department.
* Greeting patients and families. Assist them to fill out necessary forms in the hospital.
* Developing a rapport and cooperative relationship with nursing and clinical staff and responds to questions/requests from healthcare providers.
* Organizing and file medical information and operate office machines such as faxes and copiers
* Answering telephone and communicates clearly when receiving information from units or providers. Uses clear and complete communication with unit personnel when delivering information about changes in patient rhythm.
* Safeguarding sensitive medical information and practicing strict procedure in handling confidentiality of data pertaining to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors
* Serving as a resource for training and troubleshooting with common computer hardware and software usage in the department
* Maintaining and stocking all designated clerical related equipment in the department
* Minimum Education: High School Diploma Or General Equivalent Diploma
* Desired Education: Completion of Secretarial Course & Medical Terminology
* Minimum Work Experience: Nursing Unit Secretary work experiences in department-Hospital Setting is strongly preferred
* At least 1 year work experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant
* Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Medical vocabulary and general understanding of hospital policy & procedures. Computer, order entry, basic Microsoft office, and excellent communication skills required. Must enjoy working with patients and families. Must be flexible and able to rapidly adjust to changes in census. Ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times to emergent and non-emergent requests.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.