UPS Capital Accountant I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
UPS Capital is the financial services branch of the company, established to meet the financial needs of businesses while accelerating money and goods through their supply chains. By combining financial services with all other UPS capabilities, UPS Capital creates a key link in the UPS global commerce synchronization strategy.
The Staff Accountant ensures that accounting transactions are properly recorded, posted, processed, and reported. He/She performs daily reconciliations to ensure complete and accurate general ledgers. This position uploads, analyzes, and processes journal entries. The Staff Accountant performs and reviews standard month-end entries.
The Staff Accountant demonstrates specialized accounting and financial knowledge to ensure regulatory compliance. He/She uses internal system tools to complete detailed financial analysis. This position provides ad hoc queries and testing support to assist with systems processing and implementation. The Staff Accountant recommends process updates to utilize in training, process documentation, and compliance policies.
* Completes status updates to provide work progression notification.
* Responds to accounting inquiries to minimize work process concerns.
* Prints reconciliation reports to obtain management approval for reconciliation.
* Reviews standard month-end entries to confirm accuracy and correct account balances.
* Performs self-audits to ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
* Uses external system tools to conduct competitive financial research.
* Contacts government agencies, vendors, and internal customers to gather information and resolve issues.
* Compiles financial information to publish basic financial reports.
* Generates reports to provide status communications for management review.
* Performs journal entry processes to upload data in a timely manner.
* Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles.
* Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of industry and financial trends impacting UPS and/or customers organizations; identifies the organizational structure and functions within a business.
* Detail Orientation: Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files.
* Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses.
* Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
* Report Generation: Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and/or writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others.
* Bachelor s degree (or internationally comparable degree) Preferred
* Proficiency with Oracle general ledger software - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity