UREC Outdoors Supervisor/Rental Center and Climbing Wall Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
University of Arkansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The UREC Outdoors Supervisor/Rental Center and Climbing Wall Supervisor will be responsible for rental center/program registration operations; climbing wall and bouldering facilities supervision; and for UREC Outdoors operations.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
* Current University of Arkansas Fayetteville student
* Must possess First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications or be able to obtain certifications within 30 days of hire
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Working knowledge of outdoor, water, and sporting equipment
* Working knowledge of cash register and ability to produce daily reports
* Familiarity with area hiking, paddling, cycling, and climbing destinations
* Ability to work at heights, while checking holds and setting routes
* Ability to maintain communication with individual and group participants
* Ability to understand, follow, and enforce all the University s policies and procedures
* Ability to work well with fellow employees and to communicate with the University s community and general public with a positive attitude while working
* Maturity, dependability, and patience are strong characteristics and attributes that are a necessity for the job
* Ability to push and pull up to 50 pounds of weight
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS (HISTORICAL DATA)
10-20 hours per week; variable schedule that may include morning, evening, weekend, and holiday shifts
Is this position weather/ event essential*
If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Fayetteville Campus - Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Building
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A MOTOR VEHICLE REPORTS CHECK*
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST*
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.