US Benefits Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
The U.S. Benefits Assistant role is a great opportunity to learn and contribute to a regional HR team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The U.S. Benefits Assistant will provide support to the U.S. Benefits team on a number of topics. This will include, but is not limited to medical/dental, disability, life insurance, retirement, ancillary benefits and other general/project support. This individual will interact and work effectively with all regional and local staff, and represent BCG in a manner consistent with BCG's values.
Assist with the administration of U.S. Benefits Plans, including Health and Welfare, Retirement, Worker's Comp and Housing Loans
* Oversee the processing of monthly invoices and the preparation of payment for all group plans
* Respond to routine employee requests, letters, verifications, etc.
* Conduct quarterly audits of benefits enrollments to ensure accuracy of elections in both carrier and BCG systems
* Provide analytical support by compiling data for reporting needs and summarizing results in various formats (reports, charts, spreadsheets, etc.)
* Assist in coordination of open enrollment processes with local offices
* Respond to broker requests for demographic data and employee census reports
* Support efforts related to the annual audit of the retirement plan
* Assist with data collection for annual retirement reporting requirements
* Maintain NAMR HR SharePoint and BCG intranet site to ensure most up to date benefits materials and plan documents are available
* Order and maintain appropriate supply of benefit materials, e.g., provider collateral, vendor documentation
* Maintain employee benefits files, including quarterly audits of files to ensure records are complete and facilitate archiving of terminated or transferred employee files as appropriate
Provide support to local office Human Resources
* Work closely with local office HR to collect, process and audit new employee benefit enrollment forms to ensure accurate completion of documentation. Manage process to obtain corrections and/or missing paperwork as necessary
* Run system reports and coordinate with local office HR to confirm employee data supports ACA reporting requirements
* Coordinate with local HR on monthly audits of staff to ensure new enrollments are processed and terminated employees are removed from plans
* Assist with communicating the status of disability claims between disability carrier and local HR staff
* Respond to local HR requests for benefits continuation memos for unpaid leaves of absence and Time for You leaves. Manage process to track employee responses, elections and payments
* Assist local office wellness fair planning by supplying provider collateral, benefits swag and other materials as needed
Benefits - Payroll administration
* Maintain the ADP Payroll system to confirm enrollments, terminations and changes
* Audit the ADP Payroll system to ensure employee elections are entered correctly, specifically new hire enrollments
* Review ADP change reports on a weekly basis to confirm benefits changes are processed accurately
* On a monthly basis, run HRO report and terminate benefits for ineligible employees, liase with local office HR as needed
* Act as liaison with Payroll on various issues
Support special projects and perform other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 1-3 years support/administrative experience, preferably at a professional services firm similar to BCG, previous benefits or payroll experience preferred
* Computer proficiency is required (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to develop effective working relationship with staff while demonstrating a positive, personal and professional image
* Ability to handle personnel matters with extreme poise, tact and to maintain confidentiality at all times and exhibit good judgment
* Flexible team player with a can-do attitude; solid customer service orientation and qualities
* Must perform well under pressure, take initiative, and handle multiple tasks at the same time with strong attention to detail
* Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG s values and culture.
* Must have sense of discretion and and be able to handle highly confidential materials and situations.
* The individual must be organized and detail oriented, have excellent interpersonal skills, and have an ability to work both in a team and independently. An ideal candidate has the desire to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 3164BR