US Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
US CYBER SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER ANALYST
JOB ID 20151882 DATE POSTED 08/23/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Role of US Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst will be responsible to the National Grid UK Regional SOC Manager for the identification, quantification and reporting of cyber threats to National Grid. This is an excellent opportunity to significantly contribute to delivering National Grid s Cyber Security Vision.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Identify current and future threat and recommend remedial actions.
* Work as part of a 24/7/365 team delivering real time proactive monitoring and maintenance of supported security tools and associated rules and signatures. Tools include but are not limited to, SIEM, NIDS/NIPS, HIDS/HIPS, Endpoint protection suites, DLP.
* Maintain and grow the value of current and future partner relationships.
* Produce and maintain operational processes and procedures for use by all shift personnel.
* Carry out Triage on Security events, raise incidents and support the Incident Management process.
* Create and maintain SIEM correlation rules, signature creation for supported NIDS/NIPS, HIDS/ HIPS and Endpoint Protection products.
* Work within current change management processes to apply patches, provide 1st line support for supported Security tools.
* Remain up to date with current attack methods and characteristics in order to identify threats and advise on prevention, mitigation and remediation.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Demonstrate experience of risk identification and remediation within a global SOC environment.
* In depth knowledge of two or more of the following: SIEM,NIDS/NIPS, Endpoint Security toolsets, DLP, Network security technologies.
* SCADA /ICS environments.
* Demonstrate in depth knowledge of desktop and server operating systems and associated log analysis.
* Demonstrate in depth knowledge of network packet analysis Experience of Security Incident Management processes.
* Demonstrate ability to formulate formal processes and procedures to support SOC operations.
* Experience of developing SIEM correlation rules and snort signatures.
* Degree level or demonstrable equivalent experience.
* This role will have a direct impact on the way the SOC will develop and operate within the established National Grid Security Organisation.
* The SOC Analyst role will work as part of a 24/7 team to deliver day to day operations within the National Grid US SOC
* The SOC Analyst will report into the National Grid US Regional SOC Manager
* Work closely with their opposite numbers in the US National Grid SOC
* Interface with other National Grid operations teams and established vendors, providing Security Services to National Grid
CORE BUSINESS SKILLS:
* Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to analyse complex problems in a methodical manner and work through to resolution.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:IS DIgital Security & Risk
:IS Digital Security & Risk
:Aug 23, 2016, 11:37:19 AM