U.S. Retail Operation Sales - Intern Business Management Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
A summer intern experience as a Business Management Associate is 10 weeks at one of our six region/corporate field offices. The program is designed to provide you with a full surround experience as to what your career within our organization could look like. We position you to succeed with training, exposure to the business, balanced social activities that demonstrate our commitment to work/life flexibility and provide an individual feedback session for your continued personal growth and development.
Real world projects are designed to provide you exposure to our business that will include: business development analysis of key issues, hands-on experience selling/consulting with account headquarters, investigating new business opportunities and evaluating execution strategy effectiveness. You will close out the internship at our World Headquarters where you will join all interns nationally and have the opportunity to present your key learning's to our senior leadership team.
* Minimum 3.2 Cumulative GPA
* Open to all majors (preference is with Business and Arts & Letters)
* Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to work in teams
* Interest in sales management
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Permanent US work status
* Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
* Strong strategy and analytical problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
* Mobility and flexibility (willingness to relocate) to our World Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN
OR our one of our six field business centers:
* Cincinnati (Mason), Ohio
* Minneapolis ( Plymouth) MN
* Philadelphia (Dresher), Pennsylvania
* Phoenix (Scottsdale), Arizona
* Rogers (Bentonville), Arkansas
* Tampa, Florida
* Monthly salary of $3,400 (Based on 10 weeks - June through August)
* Potential full-time Business Management Associate position offer at end of the internship to begin in either Feb or July after graduation
* If needed:
* Relocation assistance
* Furnished apartment with rental assistance