U.S. Retail Operations Sales - Business Management Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
The Business Management Associate is an entry-level management position designed to develop the future leaders of General Mills. This role provides you with the foundational knowledge needed to successfully start your career with training, exposure to the business, work/life flexibility, individual feedback sessions and a clear career path with defined key experiences needed to continue your advancement. As a result, tremendous opportunity exists for the individual who has the desire and ability to excel in the area of Sales Management as well as the willingness to relocate to advance their career.
A Business Management Associate career path will involve experiences in five key areas:
* Strategy and Planning: Act as an internal consultant responsible with identifying opportunities in market, supporting customer growth with analytics, developing/executing customer business plans, and understand financial implications of strategies.
* Trade: Act as the liaison between our field sales offices to the World Headquarters while understanding and applying General Mills trade spending mechanics, utilizing analysis tools, and helping facilitate communications on behalf of Sales to various functions.
* Category Management: Draw insights from syndicated and shopper data to provide unbiased recommendations to influence customers and leverage category/aisle strategies to drive business performance for our client's categories (frozen, cereal, dairy, yogurt, baking, meals, etc.)
* Selling to the Customer: Selling execution strategies at the corporate/headquarter level with our clients by creating customer specific promotional and merchandising customer plans, being accountable for volume/spending targets and serving as the primary client contact. Field responsibility - year one you will have the opportunity to actually get out of the office on a weekly basis and call on your own retail customers. This experience will be invaluable in developing your foundational understanding of our business.
* People Management: Lead, inspire, develop and motivate people, learn to effectively give and receive feedback, and use performance management process and tools to effectively become a manager of people.
Compensation package/benefits include:
* Compensation: $57,000 base salary and annual bonus
* Company car: insurance, fuel, maintenance, etc. are covered - $137.50/month personal usage charge deducted from your pay check
* Benefits: medical, dental and life insurance
* Retirement: 401-K & contribution plan
* Relocation: company arranged moving and transfer services are provided
* Preferred 3.2 Cumulative GPA or above
* Open to all majors (preference is with Business and Arts & Letters)
* Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to work in teams
* Interest in sales management career path
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Permanent US work status
* Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
* Strong strategy and analytical problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
* Mobility and flexibility (willingness to relocate) to our World Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN
* OR our one of our six field business centers:
* Cincinnati (Mason), Ohio
* Minneapolis (Plymouth) MN
* Philadelphia (Dresher), Pennsylvania
* Phoenix (Scottsdale), Arizona
* Rogers (Bentonville), Arkansas
* Tampa, Florida