UX Design Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
A great opportunity awaits you at Bio-Rad, the global leader in Quality Control and Data Management solutions for the clinical diagnostics market. Located at our Irvine location, you will have the opportunity to develop a world-class user experience for Bio-Rad s web and desktop informatics software products and services used by healthcare professionals.
The broad responsibility for this position is to ensure that there is a logical, intuitive flow for the users of our software products in the laboratory environment. You will conduct in-person user tests to observe behavior and create the "best" user experience for our products. You will be tasked with defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications, then communicate your learning's and recommendations to key stakeholders.
* Lead internal discovery meetings (end user research) to define business requirements, project scope and user goals.
* Conduct (competitor and customer analysis) to inform the application strategy and content development.
* Build (Develop) wireframes (Balsamiq) and prototypes for functionality design communication and testing and develop plans to guide the visual design.
* Collaborate with development teams to develop user stories, define sprint on scope and iterative design delivery in an Agile Scrum environment with Software Product Management, Software Development, UI designers and developers.
* Collaborate with creative team, in-house to incorporate the visual identity into solutions.
* Product standards and component guideline documentation to support the design and development process.
* Manage external partner relationships as needed.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Skills: Candidate should have strong experience leading client discovery sessions, defining business requirements, and interpreting user goals and priorities.
BA/BS Human Centered Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related disciplines or equivalent.
* 5+ years conducting user research, synthesis and interactions design.
* Proven experience developing persona/scenario sets and user journeys.
* Experience working in Agile/Scrum development process.
* Ability to collaborate with remote teams.
* Excellent listening skills and problem solving abilities.
* Strong verbal, documentation and communications skills are essential.