UX Design Specialist / Permanent/Full Time Position
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
NTT Data Inc
Ann Arbor, MI
NTT DATA, Inc., a top 10 global IT services company, has an immediate Full Time/Permanent need for a UX Design Specialist to support our client; a major Investment Firm in Ann Arbor, MI.
To apply for this position, please follow the link below or send your resume directly to Kim.Ladka@nttdata.com For more information please call Kim Ladka at 732-362-2602. .
Full Time Position -
Our client, a major Investment Firm, believes in the value of user-centered design and considers it an essential function of our continuing success. The User Experience group is within the company's center of excellence for research, online strategy, user experience design, usability testing and creative services. Their goal is to make their company the better firm for today's investor by designing world class client experiences that boldly differentiate us from our competition.
The Specialist/User Experience Designer reports directly to the User Experience Manager and serves in a key utility function, partnering with Senior Specialist, User Experience Leads and contributing to the information architecture and interaction design of the company's prospect, client, and associate-facing digital platforms. This individual is responsible for participating in research, gathering and analyzing requirements, and working with business stakeholders to assist with the design of highly-innovative concepts and end user experiences communicated in the form of wireframes and clickable prototypes that can be tested with end users and presented internally. This role requires a confident and creative individual with a versatile set of hands-on skills able to collaborate with and take direction from fellow strategists, Senior Specialist, User Experience Leads, visual designers, and technologists on a cooperative, agency-like team.
The ideal candidate must show a fearless dedication to truly out-of-the-box thinking and be willing to take chances boldly cultivating revolutionary, groundbreaking ideas that will delight clients away from the competition, while solidifying the Investment Firm's reputation for being a leader of innovative thinking
* Participate in brainstorming and sketching exercises that determine the direction for designs
* Create wireframes for a set of detailed business requirements
* Document the user flow for how a client executes a task over multiple screens
* Create quick prototypes in a tool like Axure to demonstrate an animation or to experiment with different layout options
* Read relevant research reports, e.g. from Forrester and Corporate Insights
* Stay up to date on OpinionLab comments
* Observe usability testing, take notes on notable events and issues
* Help create testing artifacts, e.g., a user flow to be tested, or mockups for the test
* Formulate test questions for surveys and other testing tasks
* Keep up to date with changes in web and mobile technology, and be aware how the influence experience design
* Attend seminars, conferences and workshops (as appropriate) to learn new UX techniques and expand the knowledge
* Review work with peers within UX, as well as business partners from product, content, visual design, QA and technology
* Collaborate closely with partners from visual design on proper layouts for design
* Help establish and document patterns with partners from technology and visual design
* Conduct visual design QA and communicate issues to QA and technology
* 1 to 3 years experience designing transactional products (i.e., e-commerce, banking, etc.) and large-scale consumer websites or mobile products
* Demonstrated ability developing and executing creative ideas through the creation of wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes
* Must be self-motivated, client experience oriented and a strong team player
* Must be extremely detail-oriented, able to define ideas down to a specification level
* Must present a positive, professional image
* Good people skills
* Knowledge of the financial industry a plus
* Experience working with the Agile methodology a plus
* Agency experience at an Interaction Designer or Information Architect level a plus.
* Must have an online portfolio or samples of recent work (i.e., mockups, prototypes, specifications, guidelines
* 4 year college degree
* Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of requirements above
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Employee Assistance Program
*benefits are available only to W2 contractors
How to apply
Is this you* If so, please apply today! Do you know someone who is the right fit* Please contact us to learn more about our referral program!
Who is NTT Data*
NTT DATA is a Global IT Innovator delivering technology-enabled services and solutions to clients around the world. The company provides consulting, managed services, projects, outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions to mid-size and large enterprises in all major industries.
We operate with over 57,000 professionals in more than 35 countries with corporate headquarters in Tokyo. Every day around the world we help clients explore new ways to respond to market dynamics with flexibility and speed, reduce costs with less risk, and increase productivity to enable growth.
Advisory Services, Application Services, Enterprise Application Services, Cloud & Infrastructure Services, Business Process Outsourcing, BI, Analytics & Performance Management, Strategic Staffing