UX Designer / Arch
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
The SEI Wealth Platform facilitates the wealth management and investment processing needs of our clients worldwide. The scope of the platform is comprehensive and includes client relationship management, investment management, portfolio accounting, transaction initiation, order management, trade execution, clearing, currency and foreign exchange processing, corporate actions processing, reconciliation, financial (reference) data management, financial planning, portfolio management, reporting and operational workflow.
SEI is looking for a highly collaborative individual to coordinate ongoing UX efforts for the SEI Wealth Platform. The UX Scrum Master must have experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment, and have a passion and the skills to lead the team to successful delivery of UX deliverables within the SEI Agile process. You will coordinate UX designers to complete requirement analysis and collaborative design in accordance with Platform design and delivery schedules. Additionally, this role ensures the proper guidance and support is provided to development team in the areas of front end coding practices and UX standards. This role requires a talented, flexible and well-rounded UX professional, with a high level of proficiency in UX best practices, design patterns, and front end frameworks and libraries such as Angular, JQuery, Ajax; template driven frameworks; responsive web design. The UX Scrum Master must have the organizational, problem solving and communication skills to coordinate the UX team, development and key stakeholders to the successful delivery of a great user experience for SEI clients and internal Platform Users.
* Coordination of UX program level initiatives as identified
* Identify, track and facilitate resolution of design and process issues
* Active participant in the Platform UX Governance program including monitoring, communications to target audience(s), identifying areas for adjustment / improvement and emerging risk areas
* Candidate must be a proactive advocate of the user experience
* Ensure maintenance of UX guidelines and standards / ensuring the appropriate level of documentation and communications for standards changes and new standards
* Coordinate design, analysis, documentation & development of common / reusable UI library components, including:
o Identification of required components
o Requirements analysis for common UI components
o Acceptance criteria for those components
o Development sequencing and delivery
o Support model for common web component library
o Documentation and communications (in conjunction with Architecture Team) to development
* Provide hands-on technical support across all UX disciplines
* Coordination of UX resources as they participate in the Agile process from epic analysis through development:
o Design / build wireframes for user interfaces based on specific business requirements
o Design / build interactive prototypes of user interfaces as necessary
o Actively support agile development teams by routinely providing guidance of standards, UI patterns and front-end implementation; and trade-offs between technical and UX considerations, in conjunction with pre-defined agile development cycles
o Participate in testing & acceptance of designed user interfaces to ensure alignment to UI guidelines
o Interaction with users to understand needs and tasks - ability to apply UCD techniques to gain understanding of the user.
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Web Design or related experience in a similar discipline
* Highly proficient in Project Management skills / Agile - Scrum (appropriate certifications preferred)
* A minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership role for medium or large, enterprise application design / development efforts
* Proven ability to create and manage to delivery plans
* Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced Agile Scrum environment
* Proven facilitation, analysis, decision making and problem resolution skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Thorough understanding of user interface design and development of modern Web Apps
* Experience with SOA concepts
* Thorough understanding of JQuery, Angular2 and Bootstrap is a must
* Experience with Git/GitHub, JIRA, GULP, NDM
* Experience in UI / website / application interface design understanding of UI design concepts
* Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
* Experience with responsive and adaptive design and proficient understanding of the implementation
* Web development experience
* Experience with creation of reusable web components
Location and Travel
This position will be based at our corporate headquarters in Oaks, PA. Some domestic and international travel may be required.
SEI Investments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to move around the office and from building to building which may expose the individual to weather conditions outside. The individual has to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the environment is moderate and the individual must be able to communicate and exchange information with people in person and over the telephone and email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.