UX-UI Designer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition ID 42169BR
Title UX/UI Designer
Job Category Research & Development
Job Description PURPOSE:
The UX/UI Designer will contribute to Devices Research and Innovation -US vision to identify, explore, and develop new technology, product ideas, user experiences, and game-changers that may hold the potential to add value to patients and Novo Nordisk in the future within therapeutic areas covered by Novo Nordisk corporate strategy.
They will be part of a team and contribute to ideation and generation of concepts and new product opportunities as a team member.
The UX/UI Designer reports to a DRI-US Senior Project Manager.
Internal relationships include R&D colleagues in DRI-US and Device R&D colleagues in Denmark.
External relationships include commercial collaboration partners, academia, and NNRC Seattle drug researchers. May also be assigned responsibility for relation to external collaboration partners, and/or students.
The UX/UI Designer is expected to:
* Ensure technical knowledge relevant to the job description is up-to-date; e.g. knowledge about medical devices in general, user experience development, drug delivery technology, engineering materials, health IT, compliance support tools, big data in a medical context, printed electronics, applied physics, bio-engineering, etc.
* Be part of a team that generates relevant ideas, concepts, and products that may hold the potential to create value to patients and future Novo Nordisk business. This could e.g. be within new injection devices, digital health software, or adherence monitoring technology.
* Build insights, knowledge, and skills about relevant technologies to contribute to ideas, concepts, and prototypes.
* Ensure that new inventions are covered in Novo Nordisk patent applications.
* Contribute as a part of the team to mature technology and progress projects, making them ready for milestones A-C according to Device R&D project manual.
* Occasionally participate in network with external collaboration partners; e.g. health care partners, technology partners, suppliers, etc.
* Approximately _10_% overnight travel
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Education Level: Relevant education, Bachelor s or above.
* Specific or technical job skills: Deep knowledge of at least one relevant technical or creative area. This could be within mechanical engineering, software development, human-centered design, applied physics, etc.
* Experience from development of medical devices or software would be an advantage.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
* Ability to influence, communicate, and collaborate across the global organization.
* Ability to work independently as well as in teams. Included in this is the ability to network with external parties.
* Expected to be experienced and skilled in creative innovation type of work such as e.g. the Stanford Design Thinking approach to innovation.
In UX/UI Designer
* Experience Level: 4+ years of experience with UX/UI development
* Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
* Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
* Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Visio, and Axure
Department NNRC - SITE MGMT (1a)
Position Location US - Seattle, WA
State/Provinces US - WA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you ll feel a difference right from the start. It s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting \\"Yes\\" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.