Ultra High Net Worth Lending & Coverage Attorney (Director or VP)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID:
ULTRA HIGH NET WORTH LENDING & COVERAGE ATTORNEY (DIRECTOR OR VP)
CREDIT SUISSE COMPANY OVERVIEW
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
GC Ultra High Net Worth Lending & Coverage
In October 2015, Credit Suisse announced the creation of a new offering for ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) clients in the US. The new group, part of the Investment Banking & Capital Markets Division, provides dedicated, best-in-class service to this unique client segment. Leveraging CS full investment banking capabilities, the group focuses on delivering products and services such as lending and deposits, as well as financing and advisory support in connection with family office and related activity.
Based in New York, this senior attorney will be responsible for the Ultra High Net Worth Lending and Coverage groups, with a focus on lending and deposits, including the following activities.
* Advise, structure, draft and negotiate full range of documentation for loans to UHNW clients, with a primary focus on complex loans against liquid securities, fund interests and private stock collateral, and hybrid collateral packages with both securities and non-securities.
* Work with the restricted stock desk on foreclosures and sales of collateral (both securities and non-securities) when necessary.
* Work closely with Compliance to provide advice on policy, procedures and control framework for the business.
* Assist in training where appropriate.
* JD and Member NY State Bar.
* Excellent scholastic achievement at a major US Law School.
The lawyer must possess:
* Prompt response to business inquiries, both for advice and for documentation.
* Drafting and negotiating skills.
* Ability to manage foreclosures and liquidations.
* Ability to clearly articulate legal concerns and potential remedies to credit risk management and senior front office management.
* Help formulate loan policy on various forms of collateral and work closely with legal and compliance personnel.
* At least six years experience at a major NY law firm and/or Broker Dealer.
* Detailed knowledge of relevant portions of the UCC and US Bankruptcy Code.
* Working knowledge of Rule 144.
* Familiarity with issues raised by individuals, trusts, LLCs, and partnerships.
* Familiarity with various forms of collateral (e.g., fixed income, restricted stock, operating partnership units, and private equity and hedge fund interests).
* Ability to interact and work closely with coverage officers, structurers and clients.
* Admission to the NY Bar is required.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.