Ultrasound Technologist - EMCM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY IS A MEDICAL DESTINATION PROVIDING MANY NEW HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND RESOURCES PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE IN THE AREA INCLUDING ADVANCED MEDICAL AND SURGICAL CARE, DIAGNOSTIC TESTING SERVICES, A NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, AND 24 HOUR EMERGENCY CARE. LOCATED ON 87 ACRES ALONG GERMANTOWN PIKE IN EAST NORRITON, PA, EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY BRINGS THE EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK TO RESIDENTS OF CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Operating diagnostic ultrasound equipment for the purpose of performing optimum quality ultrasound examinations and contribute to the efficient operation of the department to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care
* This position requires providing service to all age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* HS diploma or equivalent, graduate of accredited school of radiology and ultrasound technology required
* 1-2 years as an Ultrasonographer in a hospital setting required
* Current ARRT license preferred; ARDMS required
* CPR certification/recertification through the American Heart Association every 24 months is required
* Physical Requirements: Majority of time spent working with computer. Must be able to adjust routine to accommodate patient or department without affecting patient flow. Ability to frequently lift heavy objects, perform moderately difficult manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination skills; walk and stand for prolonged periods
* Visual Requirements: Near vision
* Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal conversations with some background noise
* Working Conditions: Exposure to ionizing radiation, chemicals, unpleasant odors, body substances, and sharps
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.