Underground Work Plan Craft Scheduler (3982)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Job Family: Operations Unit
Job Discipline: Underground
Career Level: Associate IV
FLSA Status: Exempt
* Develop, maintain and is accountable for a program of cost, schedule, quality and contract compliance controls such that assigned projects are completed within the projects budgeted cost, on schedule, and meets or exceeds quality requirements.
* Coordinate work assignment schedules from a global perspective on a week ahead basis for all field personnel. Work to create consensus on a daily basis between schedulers and field supervision.
* Receive emergency work, evaluate avaliable resources and assign work to the most optimum field personnel for immediate action.
* Make field visits to monitor and assist in the construction of work projects.
* Assist in preparation of cost estimates and is responsible for meeting these estimates through the monitoring of construction costs.
* Determine overtime requirements by managing work schedules that maintain balance between types of work, work force availability, reliability, cost and customer commitment.
* Assist engineering and operating groups by recommending design alternatives and methods to solve construction related technical problems. Ensure work orders are pointed to correct funding project number and are closed in a timely manner after construction is completed.
Roles at this level require industry specific experience. Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree in Engineering. With 5+ years of relevant experience, in engineering or construction, project management applications such as Primavera or Microsoft Project, and valid state driver's license; or a commensurate combination of education / experience is required. Certifications are often desired
Professional Engineer license.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and supervise the work of others
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Ability to analyze and develop strategies to effectively schedule multiple projects
Problems and issues faced are vague. Draws on significant past experience to perform role. Proficient in the body of knowledge of given discipline or speciality area. Accountable for direct level of reasoning and decision making.
Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Accountable for managing ones own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically of moderate to complex in nature requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Continues to build knowledge base but has a solid foundation to act independently the majority of the time. Still draws on experts and managers when needed but not frequently.
This position requires driving to various job sites, many of which are unimproved. Review of the work requires walking and climbing inside energized substations, unimproved sites, on city streets. The environment subjects the incumbent to continuous exposure to construction site dust, dirt, outdoor cold, fumes, liquids, noise and street traffic. The hazards consist of energized high voltage lines and equipment, open excavation and trenches, protruding reinforcing bar, and moving construction equipment.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.