Underwriter - Commercial Insurance (4819)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 2/16/2017
Alliant Insurance Services
Walnut Creek, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for reviewing, underwriting and rating broker submissions for new and renewal business. Ensures content of submissions is complete; obtains additional information from Retail Producers and Account Managers as needed. Markets to carrier to obtain quotes, negotiate pricing, define coverage s, and determine commissions.
ESENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Underwrites a book of business both new and renewal in accordance with underwriting guidelines;
* Analyzes policies and endorsements to identify errors, omissions or discrepancies to ensure agreement with application, quote, proposal, and/or binder;
* Orders necessary reports or documents that are critical to the underwriting process such as credit, location, motor vehicle, and/or inspection reports, as well as building cost estimates;
* Analyzes inspection reports to accept or reject new business;
* Issues policies and endorsements; binds coverage and coordinates binders/evidences;
* Prepares Renewal Specifications as required by management;
* Maintains and manages coverage bordereaux;
* Coordinates the preparation of policy delivery with all related documents;
* Services Account Manager calls, answers questions regarding client coverage, limitsand deductibles;
* Maintains files for submissions and written or lost business;
* Maintains client suspense and conducts follow-ups as appropriate;
* Serves as a technical expert, assisting Account Managers to resolve complex issues;
* Assists in training of Assistant Underwriters and administrative staff;
* Engages in optimal and appropriate usage of applicable agency management systems;
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
6 - 8 years related work experience; knowledge of insurance industry preferred
Requires a valid insurance license; must continue to meet requirements for license renewal
Requires a valid driver s license
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Good customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
Good problem solving and time management skills
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Proficient in agency or related type of computer system
Proficient in Microsoft Office products
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.