Underwriter - Employee Benefits (4782)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 4/19/2017
Alliant Insurance Services
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Works with Underwriting team in reviewing, evaluating and underwriting assigned pricing requests. Handles primary underwriting functions for assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists in all aspects of general underwriting for assigned accounts and/or programs;
* Provides general underwriting and analytical support to assigned service team(s) and clients;
* Meets with Producers, clients, Underwriters, Account Executives and Benefits Analysts as needed to define and accomplish projects;
* Assists in development of pricing evaluations for options as requested by clients and/or service teams;
* Assists in development, management and of timelines for projects of assigned accounts, as well as execution of assigned project components;
* Works with internal staff and external vendors to complete projects and manage deadlines accordingly;
* Maintains data tracking and reporting for financial management, underwriting models, client reports and other analytical reporting deliverables;
* Responsible for working knowledge of carrier and TPA reporting systems of assigned clients to obtain data necessary for financial analysis and underwriting;
* Performs basic underwriting tasks and projects independently with peer review from other Underwriters;
* Maintains files and historical data on all assigned clients and/or programs;
* Actively engages in educational opportunities to further underwriting knowledge, market trends and regulatory environment;
* Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of all work performed, including proper management of timelines and meeting deadlines as established;
* Addresses incoming correspondence and responds as required in a timely manner;
* Peer review of other Underwriters work for accuracy and completeness;
* Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
0 - 2 years related work experience
Valid insurance license (or must be obtained within 90 days of employment)
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent problem solving and time management skills
Good customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Ability to work productively as an individual to accomplish assigned projects
Ability to prioritize work for multiple projects and deadlines
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.