Underwriter - GREAT OPPORTUNITY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY If you want to join a FABULOUS team, apply for this job TODAY. A local Agricultural/Crop Insurance Company is seeking an Underwriter to join their team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audits and processes complex and difficult policy files.
- Supervises and coordinates the work activities of underwriters and other MPCI department personnel as necessary.
- Trains employees on underwriting rules and procedures for entering data into computer policy processing system as necessary.
- Provides input to MPCI Supervisor and Senior MPCI Underwriter on work performance of assigned employees as necessary.
- Assists MPCI Supervisor and/or Senior MPCI Underwriter to analyze and resolve work problems and assist staff in solving problems.
- Monitors work output to ensure that processing deadlines are met.
- Communicates by phone and mail to answer questions from agents, field personnel, FSA county offices, policyholders and underwriters.
- Examines insurance documents such as applications, production reports, acreage reports, and applies underwriting rules.
- Analyze data and updates records.
- Audits outgoing reports and policy forms for accuracy.
- Assists with other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of MPCI program and specialty programs and the applicable underwriting rules and procedures.
- Ability to comprehend agents?? questions and concerns over the telephone and to provide correct, courteous answers.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with company personnel, outside resources and customers.
High School or GED required with a baccalaureate degree preferred and at least two years of MPCI Underwriting experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred
For more information and to apply, please contact Lisa Rutledge at AppleOne We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.