This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Title Insurance Company s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Provides underwriting support and expertise to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies. Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance and provide guidance in the performance of real estate settlement services.
* Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
* Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance.
* Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services.
* Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes.
* Bachelor s degree and or legal degree preferred
* 5-7 years title underwriting experience
* Must be familiar with real estate law
* Strong understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process
* General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services
* General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies
* Ability to collaborate and act decisively
* Detail oriented
* Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
* Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up
* Strong negotiation skills
* Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions