Underwriting Analyst - Commercial Insurance (4835)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
Alliant Insurance Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for assisting Underwriters in preparing, reviewing, underwriting, and rating broker submissions for new and renewal business as per program underwriting guidelines. Ensures content of submissions is complete, and obtains additional information from Brokers and Account Managers as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reviews new business submissions from retail broker to ensure content is complete;
* Processes new business clearance through applicable carrier system to secure market for ASIS;
* Communicates with retail broker to obtain necessary data for initial underwriting review for both new and renewal business;
* Analyzes data to ensure program eligibility for new and renewal risks;
* Pre-underwrite accounts responsibly by using sound judgment in support of established guidelines and profitability objectives;
* Supports long and short term business strategies through quality underwriting, customer service and production initiatives;
* Inputs data into carrier rating models and produce quote for Underwriter;
* Coordinates delivery of quote(s) to co-Broker;
* Coordinates process of binding coverage with carrier;
* Manages policy review and delivery to co-Broker/Client;
* Evaluates and underwrites policy and coverage change requests received from co-Broker/Client;
* Manages endorsement process with carrier and delivery to co-Broker/Client;
* Organizes and maintains department business reports and logs;
* Organizes and maintains program underwriting files;
* Manages day to day issues with Brokers/Clients;
* Prepares and analyzes interim underwriting reviews for delegated accounts;
* Participates in meetings with co-Brokers, Clients and Carriers;
* Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
4 - 6 years related work experience; experience in insurance industry preferred
Requires a valid insurance license; must continue to meet requirements for license renewal
Requires a valid driver's license
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Good leadership, problem solving and time management skills
Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Ability and motivation to work independently
Proficient in Microsoft Office products
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.