This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 2/28/2017
Yarmouth Port, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We are currently seeking an Underwriting Counsel for our Yarmouth Port, MA office!
As an Underwriting Counsel with First American Title Insurance Company s Agency Division, you will provide underwriting support and expertise to company personnel, agents, and customers, related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
Your essential duties will include:
* Utilize underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance.
* Guide company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services.
* Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes.
Here s what will make you successful:
* Juris Doctor degree required
* Must be admitted to practice law in the state of employment and the license must be in good standing
* 3+ years title underwriting experience
* Must have a thorough understanding of real estate law.
* General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services.
* Great understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies
* Strong knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process.
* Ability to collaborate and act decisively
* Great attention to detail
* Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
* Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow up in a timely manner
* Strong negotiation skills
* Ability to provide creative solutions, utilizing abstract thinking
* Candidate may be required to obtain specific state licensing
* Must be able to travel and work outside of normal business hours