Underwriting Manager / Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Carlisle Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONHighly profitable mutual insurance company has retained The Carlisle Group seeking to hire a talented Regional Underwriting Manager. This role will own complete responsibility for the underwriting function in the region, and this highly visible position will have direct impact on the regional P oversee the planning of agency visits by all underwriting personnel.
* Wherever appropriate, prepare bulletins and letters to producers transmitting notices of changes in manual pages, rates, underwriting policies, and procedures, etc.
* Responsible for ensuring that staff members comply with the provisions of the Statement of Business Ethics and Business Practice and appropriate monitoring of staff activities to identify potential violations.
* Abide by the "Responsibilities Common to all Executives and Supervisors."
* Engage with agents, yearly kick-off meetings and agency meetings, as applicable.
EDUCATION: Four (4) year college degree or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five (5) years in the commercial underwriting field
COURSEWORK: CPCU, IIA Underwriting series preferred
* Excellent verbal and writing skills, including presentation skills.
* Contact is equally internal and external with the regional office
* Underwriting staff, professional/associations, comparable industries, producers, and policyholders on occasion.
* Creativity to establish objectives, policies, methods and controls
* Strong mathematical/financial skills
* Supervisory/management skills to recommend the hiring, firing,
* promoting and budgeting where applicable (managerial positions)
* Excellent PC skills