Underwriting Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCNA is one of the countrys largest writers of commercial insurance, providing protection to more than 1 million businesses and professionals in the U.S. and internationally. We offer unique expertise for the businesses and industries we serve, providing quality products and dependable services that help prevent and minimize loss. Our focus on providing solutions and inspiring trust differentiates us from other companies and supports long-term relationships.
We are looking to add an Operations Manager to our World Wide Field Operations. The role is responsible for leading and developing a team of Underwriting Technicians in our matrix environment. The individual selected will reside in Chicago, IL, and report to an Operations Director.
Our ideal candidate will possess following.
* Insurance industry experience
* Leadership expertise of an operations/support team
* Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with their team and cross functional business partners
Manages and coordinates operations and/or customer service activities for the functional area ensuring effective delivery of service to all levels of internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages the work activities and has full management accountability for the performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction. Sets direction and establishes performance goals including stretch goals and communicates progress, addressing issues that impact service provided by the teams.
2. Through collaboration with others, establishes and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external customers and assists subordinates in resolving high visibility problem cases or issues. Acts with a sense of urgency and takes accountability for resolving issues.
3. Generates ideas for process and technology improvements within and across businesses and implements change. Prepares high level cost benefit analysis. Focuses on increased responsiveness, resolving issues and continuously raising the quality of work.
4. Makes decisions utilizing data management tools and key metrics to ensure business alignment and commitment and growth objectives are met.
5. Participates in the development of, annual plans including budgets, forecasts, workforce and business continuity plans. Manages and monitors performance against plan.
6. Responsible for staying up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise as well as the insurance industry.
7. May be responsible for facilitation and coordination of training initiatives.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of the insurance industry as well as an understanding of the company's products, stays informed on relevant insurance industry trends..
2. Ability to effectively lead and motivate others in accomplishing established goals, builds a competitive organization by attracting, managing, developing and retaining the talent needed to win.
3. Ability to develop clear business plans aligned with business strategy.
4. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, uses metrics and information analysis, accesses technology resources as needed..
5. Strong project management, organizing and planning skills.
6. Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
7. In-depth knowledge of the organization's strategies, goals, functions, and responsibilities.
8. Knowledge of business process re-engineering, with the ability to recognize and implement best practices.
9. Ability to drive strategy and implement innovative solutions to outperform the competition and drive top and bottom line growth.
10. Ability to implement systems, processes and procedures that improve the customer experience and result in profitable growth.
1. Ability to travel to field locations as necessary.
2. Value driven to provide superior solutions to internal and/or external customers.
3. Acts with a sense of urgency to advance priorities of the organization.
4. Helps other to excel through collaboration and building strong relationships.
15. Thinks creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems.
16. Raises expectations of self and others by continuously learning and broadening industry and technical skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
2. Typically a minimum of 8 years experience in a specific function or field of expertise, including
5 years management experience.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: Field Ops North Zone
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.