Underwriting Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Manages and coordinates operations and/or customer service activities for the functional area ensuring effective delivery of service to all levels of internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages the work activities and has full management accountability for the performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction. Sets direction and establishes performance goals including stretch goals and communicates progress, addressing issues that impact service provided by the teams.
2. Through collaboration with others, establishes and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external customers and assists subordinates in resolving high visibility problem cases or issues. Acts with a sense of urgency and takes accountability for resolving issues.
3. Generates ideas for process and technology improvements within and across businesses and implements change. Prepares high level cost benefit analysis. Focuses on increased responsiveness, resolving issues and continuously raising the quality of work.
4. Makes decisions utilizing data management tools and key metrics to ensure business alignment and commitment and growth objectives are met.
5. Participates in the development of, annual plans including budgets, forecasts, workforce and business continuity plans. Manages and monitors performance against plan.
6. Responsible for staying up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise as well as the insurance industry.
7. May be responsible for facilitation and coordination of training initiatives.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of the insurance industry as well as an understanding of the company's products, stays informed on relevant insurance industry trends..
2. Ability to effectively lead and motivate others in accomplishing established goals, builds a competitive organization by attracting, managing, developing and retaining the talent needed to win.
3. Ability to develop clear business plans aligned with business strategy.
4. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, uses metrics and information analysis, accesses technology resources as needed..
5. Strong project management, organizing and planning skills.
6. Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
7. In-depth knowledge of the organization's strategies, goals, functions, and responsibilities.
8. Knowledge of business process re-engineering, with the ability to recognize and implement best practices.
9. Ability to drive strategy and implement innovative solutions to outperform the competition and drive top and bottom line growth.
10. Ability to implement systems, processes and procedures that improve the customer experience and result in profitable growth.
1. Ability to travel to field locations as necessary.
2. Value driven to provide superior solutions to internal and/or external customers.
3. Acts with a sense of urgency to advance priorities of the organization.
4. Helps other to excel through collaboration and building strong relationships.
15. Thinks creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems.
16. Raises expectations of self and others by continuously learning and broadening industry and technical skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
2. Typically a minimum of 8 years experience in a specific function or field of expertise, including
5 years management experience preferred but not required.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Radnor
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Radnor
Organization: Field Ops Mid-Atlantic Zone
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.