Underwriting Professional II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Field Underwriting Professional II
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Insurance Services group within Aon Affinity, in Washington, DC or Burlington, VT.
YOUR IMPACT AS A SENIOR FIELD UNDERWRITING PROFESSIONAL II
* In-depth property & casualty insurance underwriting review and rating of complex renewal and new business risks within a designated affinity program targeting the nonprofit social services segment.
* Dedicate significant time to scheduling and conducting in-person external meetings with targeted retail insurance brokers to build pipeline, increase volume of viable quote opportunities with the goal of increasing the volume of business that aligns with strategic growth imperatives as established in tandem with carrier partner. These meetings will be conducted independently or in tandem with team members and/or field sales specialists dedicated to driving opportunities for Aon Affinity via the retail agent and broker channel.
* In-depth knowledge of the program and underwriting appetite required in an effort to concisely communicate to retail brokers regarding the targeted classes and geographies for business. Extensive review and analysis of submissions, gathering data and assessing risk against established underwriting guidelines.
* Accountable for accurate risk assessment and documentation and executing sound decisions/recommendations while deploying clear communication with the team, carrier and retail brokers on accounts.
* Consolidate risk profiles into concise presentations to carrier and understanding of program parameters.
* Responsible for maintaining detailed knowledge of carrier forms, products and competitive landscape as well as program strategic direction and growth initiatives.
* Deliver concise and accurate new/renewal proposals to retail brokers for eligible risks. Individual should be adept in conducting detailed discussions with retail brokers about coverage and pricing features of the programs.
* Participate in carrier partner strategic meetings as needed.
* Responsible for maintaining strong working knowledge of necessary resources, marketing materials, and available technology.
* Recognize opportunities for process improvements & recommends changes.
* Proven ability to facilitate and negotiate using tact and diplomacy.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* A minimum of 8 + years property & casualty insurance carrier underwriting work experience required.
* Proven track record of experience in field targeting the retail agent and broker network.
* Ability to review applications, assess risk and make sound underwriting decisions based on established criteria and /or judgment.
* Property & Casualty license preferred must be obtained within six months of hire date.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and property & casualty insurance carrier underwriting experience.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Strong analytical skills and familiarity in working with carrier underwriting systems.
* Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented.
* Experience with MS Office suite products, proficiency with Excel required.
* Four year college degree in Business, Risk Management or Finance major preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420674
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, DC, Washington